Ganesh Pol Gateway Jaipur Entry Fee
- 35 per person for Indians
- 110 per person for Foreign Tourists
Ganesh Pol Gateway Jaipur Phone
0141 253 0293
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 11 reviews
Ganesh Pol Gateway Jaipur Address: Amber Fort, South Side of the Courtyard, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302001, India
The Pink City of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, is the biggest city of the state and one of the most magnificent ones. Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the King of Amber, established it on November 18, 1727, thus Jaipur.
The city stands apart among pre-current Indian urban communities for the width and consistency of its roads. They separate into six areas by 34 meters wide roads. In addition, organizations of gridded roads further bridge the gap in the metropolitan area.
About Ganesh Pol Jaipur
Ganesh Pol, a beautiful gateway, is one of the Amer or Amber Fort entrances and is named after the Hindu god, Lord Ganesh. In the local dialect, 'Pol' refers to 'a gate.' This entrance leads to the Maharajas' private residences. The gateway's pinnacle has a magnificent shelter or chhatri, as well as two domes, one on either side of the canopy.
The Ganesh Pol is one of Amber Fort's most stunning and magnificent entrances and was built on the orders of Mirza Raja Jai Singh. It has exquisite paintings, with a Ganesh painted over the gate to represent good luck.
Tourists from all around the globe enjoy the gateway's architecture. It exemplifies a synthesis of Mughal and Rajput architectural styles. The gate has exquisite frescoes and mosaics with elaborately carved lattice screens.
Amber Palace's Ganesh Pol leads to the picturesque grounds of the Mughal Garden.
Location of Ganesh Pol Jaipur
Ganesh Pol is inside the Amber Fort, south of the main palace's courtyard.
Importance of Ganesh Pol Jaipur
Ganesh Pol is important since it was only open to the Kings and their families, allowing them to enter the fort quickly and into their private chambers without being disturbed.
#️Trivia- You will see a tiny window on the upper level of this facet when touring Amer/Amber Fort. The window isn't simply a piece of magnificent architecture or cut out for ventilation. The ladies of the Royal family were not permitted to appear in public. However, they could catch a glimpse of the activities in the main hall and could view it from here. The binoculars at the window belonged to the Royal ladies.
Things to Do In and Around Ganesh Pol Jaipur
1. Mughal Gardens: Situated on the Maota lake, Mughal Gardens have a beauty that cannot be matched by ordinary gardens seen around the country. The star-shaped garden stands in front of the fort. It once bloomed with the aromatic Saffron flowers; however, today's climatic conditions do not permit the same. Instead, beautiful flowering plants now decorate the garden.
2. Sheesh Mahal: It is one of the fort's unique vistas. The walls of the Sheesh Mahal, also known as the Mirror Palace, are engraved with concave mirrors, which redirect a ray of light so that the whole Sheesh Mahal illuminates.
3. Light Show: A light and sound show takes place at the fort every evening. The show focuses on Jaipur's heritage and depicts old tales about the location, sovereigns, and others. The show lasts 50 minutes and is available in both Hindi and English.
4. Puppet Dance: You can have fun watching the puppet performances and listening to traditional music that are available for purchase during dinner.
5. Turban Museum: The fort's Turban Museum is free to enter. Here you will discover a wide variety of turbans worn by the local folks and passed down from generation to generation.
6. Elephant Ride: An elephant ride around the fort is a must-do experience. The elephant ride concludes in the afternoon. So, plan ahead of time.
7. Picturesque View: The fort lights up in the evening with an array of glistening lights showering its presence all around. The feeling of viewing the sunset and watching the lights come alive is surreal.
8. Cuisines inside the Fort: You can enjoy a tasty meal at the Surabhi restaurant inside the fort, which serves various cuisines.
Entry Fee and Timings of Ganesh Pol Jaipur
Entry Fee to Ganesh Pol is Rs. 35 for Indians and Rs.110 for Foreigners. You can visit it from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on all days of the week.
How to Reach Ganesh Pol Jaipur
By Road: Ganesh Pol stands inside the Amer Palace, near Jaipur city. The nearest bus stop is Amer Fort, easily accessible by local taxi or cab from top car rental companies in Jaipur.
By Rail: Ganesh Pol, Jaipur is well linked to major cities like Delhi, Agra, Mumbai, Chennai, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Udaipur, and Ahmedabad via Jaipur Railway Station.
By Air: Ganesh Pol is accessible via Jaipur Airport, also known as Sanganer Airport, with regular domestic flights to Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jodhpur, and Udaipur.
The Ganesh Pol is breathtakingly gorgeous and one of the most photographed spots in Amer Fort and one of the most prominent tourist attractions of Jaipur. It's also a popular spot for selfies. It is the best example of combining Mughal and Rajput elements to create a masterpiece and is unmissable. Book a Jaipur tour package with Jaipur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA and have a great trip in the Pink City. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more.