Bapu Bazar Jaipur Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Bapu Bazar Jaipur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 68 reviews
Bapu Bazar Jaipur Address: Biseswarji, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302007, India
Located in the heart of Jaipur city, between the Sanganer Gate and the New Gate of the Pink City, Bapu Bazar is a one stop destination for shopping accessories to shoes to handlooms to artificial jewellery to brass works and precious stones, which is almost everything under the sun. One thing that Rajasthan is famous for is its vibrance and magnificence. Bapu Bazar bears mirror to the same Rajasthani tradition through its artefacts, handlooms, accessories, artificial jewellery and everything that’s available.
The Bapu Bazar is famous among locals as well as tourists alike for its energy which also makes it one of the favourite shopping destinations of Jaipur.
Shopping at Bapu Bazar Jaipur
Bapu Bazar fits the right bill for the quintessential shopaholic where everything is available at steal prices if one has got the bargaining skills right at place. The entire market is all about traditional Rajasthani stuff and is a haven for any person who is obsessed with everything traditional.
1. Mojari Footwear: The traditional Rajasthani footwear is called Mojari. Mojaris are mostly made out of leather, especially camel skin exclusive to that region of the country. The footwears are beautifully designed and embroidered with various patterns and vibrant colors. The Mojari footwear in Bapu Bazar are authentic yet inexpensive.
2. Artificial Jewellery: The street shops of Bapu Bazar in Jaipur are loaded with artificial jewellery that include ethnic neck pieces, earrings, anklets, bangles made of lac (lacquerware) as well as bangles made out of colourful silk threads.
3. Clothing: When in Rajasthan, buying the traditional bandhej or tie and dye sarees becomes imperative. The patterns of bandhej differ though ranging from lehariya to sanganeri prints to batik prints. Apart from the vibrant as well as intricate embroideries on the dupattas and sarees, they also have beautiful mirror work and gota- patti work.
4. Jaipuri Razaai or Jaipuri Quilts: Made out of a special type of fine cotton fabric, the Jaipuri Razaai is lightweight yet warm and durable. Following the century old craft of handweaving the quilts, the designs on the covers of the quilt are block prints. They are famous all over the world for their warmth as well as the softness of the cotton.
The Jaipur quilt originated after Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II brought in the quilt makers to Jaipur from around the city and introduced the craft in the pink city. The quilt makers are called mansuris in the local dialect.
5. Handicrafts, Showpieces and Decorative pieces: There is no dearth of tiny souvenir shops spread across the bazaars of Jaipur and Bapu Bazar too, fits the bill. The street shops are filled with artefacts, pen stands, keychains, accessories with mirror work.
6. Puppets: Puppet shows and Rajasthani tradition go hand in hand. Usually, the puppets are vibrant colored and make good gifts for friends and family.
7. Food at Bapu Bazar: The food scenes of Jaipur’s Bapu Bazar are quite interesting. One would find chat centres in abundance and the chat is mouth- watering indeed. Apart from this falooda kulfi is another local delicacy, a traditional mix of rose syrup, vermicelli, sweet basil seeds with milk. It is served with a scoop of ice cream of one’s choice.
Image Gallery of Bapu Bazar Jaipur
Entry Fees and Timings of Bapu Bazar Jaipur
Bapu Bazar is open on all days of the week between 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. There is no entry fee to visit it.
Best time to visit Bapu Bazar Jaipur is all year around however, the winter months between November to March are favourable due to the cool temperatures during the day. Summers get really hot and it becomes difficult to stroll around and shop during the day. Evenings are cool though.
How to Reach Bapu Bazar Jaipur
Located in the city centre at Chaura Raasta, Bapu Bazar is 4 kilometres away from Jaipur Junction Railway Station. One can hire an auto rickshaw or hire a cab from top car rental companies in Jaipur to reach here comfortably.
Nearest Bus Stop to Bapu Bazar Jaipur: Hathoj Bus Stop. Intercity buses are also an economic mode of transport to reach Bapu Bazar and one may get down at Hathoj bus stop.
The Pink city has a lot to offer and to explore the popular sightseeing places of Jaipur in a relaxed and fun filled manner, Jaipur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA has created Jaipur Tour packages that help you plan your trip in a relaxed and hassle free manner. These packages are designed keeping the budget and preferences of the travelers in mind. For further queries on the various packages, please fill the Contact Us form and we will get back to you.