Chand Pol Jaipur Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Chand Pol Jaipur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 13 reviews
Chand Pol Jaipur Address: Market Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302012, India
Jaipur is a key cultural hub of Rajasthan. The picturesque city is home to folklore and several historical monuments, making it one of the top tourist destinations of India. It is a destination that tops every wanderlust’s bucket list. Apart from Jaipur's vibrant past and lively present, shopping remains one of the top things to do in Jaipur for every visitor. The main shopping centre is the Chandpole Market in Jaipur.
Chandpole (Moon Gate) is one of Jaipur's best examples of Rajput architecture. The majestic Chandpole gives an excellent view of the iconic old bazaar and a glimpse of Rajasthani culture.The gate was the western access point to the three massive walls that once surrounded Jaipur. According to historical sources, the musicians and drummers performed at the uppermost section of the Chand Pol, known as the Naubat Gate.
Chandpole Bazaar, located in the centre of Jaipur's old and walled city, is one of the city's most beloved marketplaces. This bazaar combines creativity and diversity to provide guests with a wide choice of different items. Chandpole is one of Pink City's original markets dating back over three centuries! Can you imagine that!
It's no surprise that the market has a traditional touch, with pink walls lining its perimeter. In addition, a gorgeous, towering gateway named after the market itself, called Chandpole Gate, guards one end of the bazaar area, while the Choti Chaupad guards the other.
#Trivia- The market is a kilometer long and features approximately 350 individual merchants selling various artifacts, clothing, jewellery, and spices.
Chandpole Market is known for its magnificent and ornate marble statues. Decorative items of all sizes and styles are available at different price points throughout the market. Apart from this, the bazaar is a great place to do some last-minute souvenir buying as well as stock up on supplies for your next trip.
History of the Chandpole Jaipur
There isn't much-written history about this well-known market. The foundation of Chandpole Bazar, on the other hand, is said to have been laid around 1727 AD, the same as Jaipur city.
Architecture of Chandpole Jaipur
Despite its antiquity, the architecture still bears the hallmarks of pure Rajasthani style. The perfect symmetry in which the stores lineup one after the other, the well-roofed balconies on both sides for shade from the sun, and, of course, the distinctive hue of Jaipur - lively pink. The construction of the verandah appears ruffled but is not. The designs by Rajput-style architecture with a Mughal touch accentuate its grandeur.
Chandpole Market was a prominent trading and commercial center throughout the Rajput era. Even now, it is one of the most notable sites for local shopping in Rajasthan's capital for both locals and tourists.
Location and Timing of Chandpole Bazar Jaipur
The traditional market stands in the center of the city of Jaipur, a quaint part of the old walled city. It runs from Choti Chaupad to the Chandpole Gate. The market is open from 10 am to 9 pm everyday and you can easily take up to 2 – 3 hours to shop at this market.
Things to Do in Chandpole Jaipur
1. Marble Sculptures: The main draw of Chandpole Bazar is the Khazane Walon ka Rasta street, where you can barter and buy some of the best marble statues you've ever seen. Marble sculpting is a local craft of this region, and you can bargain a good deal from small to giant statues and sculptures. It is Chandpole Bazar's specialty.
At this bustling bazaar, you will find a wide range of beautifully carved and bright marble statues. Some of Jaipur's finest marble artisans and painters labour in this neighbourhood, producing exceptional works of art. You may also see these great sculptors chiselling away blocks of marble into astonishing and stunning idols, statues, and carvings at Silwaton Ka Mohalla.
2. Wood and Stone Sculptures: Elusive and artistically crafted wooden and stone sculptures thrive in Jaipur's Chandpole Bazar. In addition, you can shop for various decorative things made of wood, such as wall hangings, embellished jewellery boxes, furniture, and so on.
3. Carpets: Chandpole market is famous for its carpet shops. Carpet weaving has been a part of Jaipur since the 17th century. Experienced weavers here make eye-catching and colourful patterns that are in high demand around the world. You can witness some of the most beautiful and intricately hand-knit carpets at Chandpole Bazar.
4. Paintings: Rajasthani paintings are quite famous among art collectors, owing to their vibrant colours. These paintings portray scenes from the Mahabharata or the Ramayana. 'Thani Bani' paintings, a specialty of Kishangarh, are available in Chandpole market shops.
5. Footwear: The bazaar has a variety of traditional and colourful Rajasthani footwear. You'll be spoilt for choice looking at these bright colours and styles. In addition, traditional Indian clothing such as sarees, salwar suits, kurtas, real dry fruits, timber, and wooden handicrafts, embroidery and mirror work artefacts, lac, glass, and metal ornaments, and an abundance of Indian snacks and sweets are also available.
Street Food and Restaurants
Get a taste of the most lip-smacking street food in Jaipur in Chandpole Bazar. A few famous restaurants include:
- The Wind View cafe.
- Shiv Shakti Pavitra Bhojnalaya.
- Bagra Pavitra Bhojnalaya.
- Rochees Darbar restaurant.
Chandpole is a shopper's paradise, with everything from beautiful woven fabrics to ready-made Indian apparel, gorgeous diamonds, and handcrafted footwear. In addition, it is one of the well-known bazaars that offer a wide range of rare craft items.
#Shoppers Tip: Before you visit this historic Jaipur shopping area, master the art of bargaining as you need to apply it on these narrow streets.
How to Reach Chandpole Jaipur
Metro, bus, and auto are the nearest accessible public transport systems. The Chandpole Metro Station and Choti Chaupar Metro Station are only a few feet away from the market's two entrances.
Distance from the bus stand- The bus stops at Sindhi Camp, and Choti Chaupad are also within 1-1.5 kilometres.
Distance from the Railway station- The Jaipur Railway Station is around 2 kilometres away from the market.
If using public transportation is difficult for you, getting a cab from top car rental companies in Jaipur is always an alternative in Jaipur.
If you are here for adventure and history, Jaipur offers you a perfect amalgamation and the best of all worlds. A sneak-peek into Chandpole historic past and vibrant present make it a popular tourist destination of Jaipur. So don’t wait for anything anymore. Pack your bags and book a Jaipur Tour package with us. At Jaipur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, we make sure you will make memories that will last a lifetime. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more.